ESRI basemap missing from basemap gallery

Jump to solution
02-10-2022 09:45 AM
SunitaKhanal
New Contributor III

Hello,

I created a web map using our own basemap in portal. Currently we are in ArcGIS enterprise 10.7.1. Maps were created more than a year ago and now when I try to add ESRI base map, they are missing from the basemap gallery.

Has anybody ever faced a similar problem and was able to solve it?

Thanks in advance for your time and suggestion. 

2022-02-10_11h24_35.png

Sunita

1 Solution
7 Replies
berniejconnors
Occasional Contributor III

We have experienced a similar problem with the Basemap Gallery widget in our Web AppBuilder apps.  The cure was to clear web browser cache.  But first you can test it by opening the webmap in an Incognito window.  If the basemaps appear you can proceed with clearing your web browser's cache - <Ctrl><Shift><Del> should open the clear browser cache window.

Cheers,

Bernie.

0 Kudos
SunitaKhanal
New Contributor III

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it did not work. I tried in a different browser and also in the incognito window but no luck. 

Thanks, 

Sunita

berniejconnors

It was worth a try.  The only other issue we had with basemaps not appearing in the basemap gallery widget was when our basemaps did not use the same projection as the esri basemaps.

Cheers,

Bernie.

0 Kudos
SunitaKhanal
New Contributor III

Agree. Just found out that I don't have basemaps available in ArcMap as well as in ArcGIS pro. 

2022-02-10_13h18_59.png

SunitaKhanal_0-1644520841215.png

0 Kudos
SunitaKhanal
New Contributor III

Hello Shan,

I followed the steps from the technical documents and the basemaps are now back in Portal, Pro and ArcMap. Thanks for providing those links. 

Sunita

shan_sarkar

Glad to hear it work.

~Shan
0 Kudos