Error 404 when clicking image hyperlink in Portal for ArcGIS

Jump to solution
06-01-2021 11:51 PM
frhilyana_geo11
New Contributor III

We are working on inserting images in the attribute table to enable it to be viewed in the Portal for ArcGIS after publishing the data. All of the data has been put into the database (.SDE). The file containing the images was located in GIS Server in a VM (Figure 1). The images'  hyperlink format in the attribute table is 'https://abc.com.my/FileImageA/Image1.jpg'. The data was then published to Portal for ArcGIS as a map service from ArcMap. When clicking the image’s link in the portal, it gave us the 404 server error. 

path gambar 2.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
frhilyana_geo11
New Contributor III

Hi all, Esri Malaysia has assisted me on this matter and it has been solved. Apparently, the file containing the images needs to be on the same machine as the Portal for ArcGIS. In my case, I put the image file in virtual machine 2 while the portal for ArcGIS is in VM1. The VM2 is also not a web server. So, that what caused the error to happen.

Solving this matter, I've moved the image file into VM1 since VM1 is a web server & where Portal for ArcGIS located. Esri Malaysia also told me that another alternative is to also make the VM2 a web server if I still want to make hyperlink in the portal from that machine.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you able to access the image just by typing the URL over internet (on web browser)?

JayantaPoddar_0-1622625466978.png

Think Location
frhilyana_geo11
New Contributor III

Nope. It gave the same error 404. btw, the abc.gov.my is not legit. it's just an example. 

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

404 tells us that no file at that path is found. Echoing Jayanta above, can reach the images in question by manually typing in the URL in a browser tab? Does it work over HTTP as opposed to HTTPS?

0 Kudos
frhilyana_geo11
New Contributor III

Hi all, Esri Malaysia has assisted me on this matter and it has been solved. Apparently, the file containing the images needs to be on the same machine as the Portal for ArcGIS. In my case, I put the image file in virtual machine 2 while the portal for ArcGIS is in VM1. The VM2 is also not a web server. So, that what caused the error to happen.

Solving this matter, I've moved the image file into VM1 since VM1 is a web server & where Portal for ArcGIS located. Esri Malaysia also told me that another alternative is to also make the VM2 a web server if I still want to make hyperlink in the portal from that machine.