Dynamic Legens in 10.1 is not working for me

07-09-2012 03:27 PM
GIS1
by
New Contributor II
Hi friends,

When I check the button for "Only show classes that are visible in the current map extent" on the Items tab of my Legend Properties, the legend continues to show categories that are not present in the map extent.

For what it's worth, checking the button for "Only display layers that are checked on the Table of Contents" does indeed limit my legend as intended.

I have been using Legend Limiter in the past, but thought that 10.1 would fix this issue. I would continue to use Legend Limiter but can't figure out a way to script it into Python.

Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
Hm, I can't seem to reproduce what you're seeing; checking on "Only show classes that are visible in the current map extent" limits the legend items to only what's viewable in the map extent on my side.  Are you using 10.1 Final, build 3035?
0 Kudos
GIS1
by
New Contributor II
Hi jquinn,

We upgraded just a few weeks back. My "About ArcMap" confirms build 3035.

I will see if I can get a few screen shots or something to better exemplify the problem later this afternoon.

Thanks for the reply!
0 Kudos
haseebamirzada
New Contributor
I was having this issue for a bit and then realized that you have to first select all the items of your legend in the Items tab and THEN check "Only show classes that are visible in the current map extent".

see if that helps you too.