Data frame clip border won't print

Jump to solution
01-17-2013 11:47 AM
FresnoCouncil_of_Governments
New Contributor
Hello,

I'm using ArcMap 10.0.  I have clipped the display of my data frame to the extent of one of my shapefiles and have added a thick, rather involved border -- however, when I try to print or export the map, the border doesn't appear, though I can see it clearly on the screen.  Does anyone have any insight into this problem?

Thanks,
Seth
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WadeLobb
Occasional Contributor
Sadly this is a know issue (since 8.1) with the data frame clip If you are using rasters. The data frame clip will only work if you have vector layers

http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/17336

The only way to fix is to:- Do not use transparent symbology, picture marker symbology nor include raster data in a data frame that obscures the layers behind it. If the data frame contains only vector data and neither transparency nor picture marker symbology, the transparency of the data frame background may be preserved.

I would be interested to see if this happens when using Windows 8 as the problem is with the graphics engine which was built by Microsoft

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WadeLobb
Occasional Contributor
Sadly this is a know issue (since 8.1) with the data frame clip If you are using rasters. The data frame clip will only work if you have vector layers

http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/17336

The only way to fix is to:- Do not use transparent symbology, picture marker symbology nor include raster data in a data frame that obscures the layers behind it. If the data frame contains only vector data and neither transparency nor picture marker symbology, the transparency of the data frame background may be preserved.

I would be interested to see if this happens when using Windows 8 as the problem is with the graphics engine which was built by Microsoft
0 Kudos
FresnoCouncil_of_Governments
New Contributor
Thank you!
0 Kudos