'Create' option in My Content not working - has anyone seen this behavior?

11-16-2015 03:07 PM
AllenScully
Occasional Contributor III

Logging in as any level user - publisher - administrator - the 'Create' button in My Content just doesn't work.  It's not grayed-out, you can click it, but no dropdown w/ options appears.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
KyleBalke__GISP

Possibly a browser compatibility issue?  Try a different browser or machine to see if you can replicate the problem.

0 Kudos
AllenScully

Thanks Kyle -

It certainly looks like a browser issue, but I can recreate it in Chrome, Firefox and IE.  The box shows a kind of gray outline at the bottom when I click it, so it's registering a click, it just doesn't give the drop down.

0 Kudos
PaulDavidson1

Yep, I've seen issues like this with Internet Explorer (V11)

I have had strange things happen to me with:

AGOL, Portal and our custom Silverlight GIS website.

I've had your exact issue with Portal.

Usually after uploading a Feature Service that had problems but other times just when it's been awhile since a reboot.

I try:

1. clearing the cache (Ctrl-F5) - rarely helps

2. Close out all IE browsers, tabs, etc...

open one browser only, clear the cache and then delete all temporary internet files

- this sometimes fixes problems

3. Reboot my PC - almost always fixes the problem.  If this  doesn't fix the problem, then I start assuming it's a bug.

Sometimes I use Chrome but I've had a lot of problems with Chrome and there are other threads about odd issues with Chrome.

The fact though that you see this in all browsers...  Try a reboot & clear your temporary files?

KyleBalke__GISP

I haven't experienced this specific issue but have had some "weird" interface issues from time to time.  When I do encounter issues I also have found trying things out in Incognito Mode in Chrome and/or clearing browser cache.

0 Kudos
AllenScully

Thanks all -

I have tried private browsing sessions, reboot - still seeing the same behavior.  May be time to use my speed dial for ESRI support.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you ever find a solution to the create button not working issue?  I am experiencing the same thing.  No matter which browser or computer I try to use the create button in my content doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Mike_Team_
New Contributor II

same problem here - create button no worky in any browser - portal 10.4

0 Kudos
danweiss
New Contributor II

I also had this issue and it was tied to the fact I had federated my ArcGIS Server to the Portal using the public domain name instead of the internal name of the server.  Dropping the federated server and re-adding it with the internal name worked.

Originally federated like this, didn't work:

https://gisportal.mycompany,com:6443/arcgis

Refederating like this, did:

https://servername.mycompany.com:6443/arcgis

Portal needs to be able to find the arcgis server - using the actual server name on your internal network is best bet.  Though, you could use hosts files/DNS to effect the same outcome...

Was not tied to the browser...hope this helps if this is still an issue.

Mike_Team_
New Contributor II

well done sir, that worked for me

0 Kudos