Control Line Decoration placement of symbol centre

Jump to solution
11-26-2013 11:13 AM
EmilySangster1
New Contributor III
Hi,

I'm wondering if its possible to have a line decoration setting such that the markers centre is on the end of the line segment rather than it's edge at the end of the line segment.  In the attached picture it shows two line decorations with a slight overlap, as the lines are snapped together a symbol with the centre at the end of the line would *mostly* overlap creating the illusion there is just one. 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29390[/ATTACH]

Is it possible? This line file changes frequently so creating a points layer to do the same thing would be a pain but possible.  If it is possible to create a point which updates automatically can anyone point me in the right direction could anyone point me in the right direction. 

Thanks in advance for any assistance!!

Emily 😄
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TrishRice
Occasional Contributor III
Try adjusting the offset of the symbol you're using as the decoration.  In the line editor under line decoration properties, go into the marker symbol properties and adjust x until the edge of the symbol is in the crosshairs.

Circle at default: [ATTACH=CONFIG]29393[/ATTACH]

Circle with x adjusted +7 [ATTACH=CONFIG]29394[/ATTACH]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TrishRice
Occasional Contributor III
Try adjusting the offset of the symbol you're using as the decoration.  In the line editor under line decoration properties, go into the marker symbol properties and adjust x until the edge of the symbol is in the crosshairs.

Circle at default: [ATTACH=CONFIG]29393[/ATTACH]

Circle with x adjusted +7 [ATTACH=CONFIG]29394[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
EmilySangster1
New Contributor III
Alice and I say thanks! Worked great 🙂
0 Kudos