Configurable App Template Not Showing

Jump to solution
12-21-2016 03:48 AM
GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

We're running Portal 10.4 and I'm trying to use the Maps and App Gallery as documented here:

http://server.arcgis.com/en/portal/10.4/use/maps-apps-gallery.htm

I've looked in the install directory on the server and can see the template files sitting there in C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\apps\MapAndAppGallery but for some reason it does not appear in the list of templates when I try to create an app based on a group. I have tried using both the Create > App > Using a template option in My Content and by going into a public group and selecting Share > Create A Web App.

I'm fairly new to the organisation and the person who initially installed the software is no longer here so I'm not sure what may or may not have been done along the way. Is there any way to force Portal to pick up the contents of the apps folder or anything I can do to check that the MapAndAppGallery folder is not corrupted in some way?

Edit: I forgot to say that I can successfully create apps from my Group using both the Map Carousel and Public Gallery templates which are both available in the list of templates.

Regards

Gareth

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NiccoleMurphy
New Contributor II

Hi Gareth,

Do you know if the portal had been upgraded to 10.4? If so, it may be that the portal was not reindexed so portal does not know where that item is. Try following this documentation and see if that resolves the issue: Common problems and solutions—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

You should be able to create this application from both My Content > Create > App > Using a Template as well as from within the group through Share > Create a Web App

View solution in original post

6 Replies
NiccoleMurphy
New Contributor II

Hi Gareth,

Do you know if the portal had been upgraded to 10.4? If so, it may be that the portal was not reindexed so portal does not know where that item is. Try following this documentation and see if that resolves the issue: Common problems and solutions—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

You should be able to create this application from both My Content > Create > App > Using a Template as well as from within the group through Share > Create a Web App

GarethBaker1

Thanks Niccole. I don't know for sure if the Portal had been upgraded but that is quite likely as the store and index counts weren't matching. I have run the reindex tool and the missing template is now available in the application template list. Thanks for your help on this, much appreciated.

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1

Another possible solution: your portal might be using a custom group to populate those galleries of templates. Your portal administrator can check this by going to your portal settings >groups and checking which group is being used for configurable templates.

0 Kudos
GarethBaker1

Thanks Alison. Just checked and it is set to the default for Configurable Apps. Will try Niccole's suggestion next.

0 Kudos
SanneMikkelsen
Occasional Contributor

I have the exact same problem, but in AGOL. Has there been some changes regarding this in the newest upgrade @AMuise-esristaff or Niccole Murphy?

/Sanne

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1

Hi Sanne,

Maps and Apps Gallery has been moved to mature support in the April release of ArcGIS Online. You can read more about this change here: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/sharing-collaboration/configurable-apps-anno... 

Thanks,

Allison

0 Kudos