Color Brewer 2

12-12-2012 07:40 AM
JimWooten
Occasional Contributor
Hello All:

I've downloaded the ColorBrewer 2 tool and it opens fine in ArcGIS Desktop 10.1.  However, the "Layer Name" field does not populate with any of the layers in the TOC.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Jim
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MaraKaminowitz
Occasional Contributor
I had that problem with an earlier version of ArcGIS. IIRC, I think it didn't work with SDE data, but it worked with shapefiles. Try it with different data types and see if that does it.
0 Kudos
ErnestDunwoody
New Contributor III
Hello All:

I've downloaded the ColorBrewer 2 tool and it opens fine in ArcGIS Desktop 10.1.  However, the "Layer Name" field does not populate with any of the layers in the TOC.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Jim

Hello Jim,

Could you please give me some advice on how to get ColorBrewer 2 tool to add in to ArcGIS Desktop 10.1.
I downloaded the most recent version from National Cancer web site, installed it and tried to get it connected up to ArcGIS 10.1 using th Customise dialogue functions and it would not recognise NCI  GIS even when I Added it from File.

Don't know what to do so would appreciate your help very much.
Thank you.
edi
0 Kudos
JimWooten
Occasional Contributor
Hello Jim,

Could you please give me some advice on how to get ColorBrewer 2 tool to add in to ArcGIS Desktop 10.1.
I downloaded the most recent version from National Cancer web site, installed it and tried to get it connected up to ArcGIS 10.1 using th Customise dialogue functions and it would not recognise NCI  GIS even when I Added it from File.

Don't know what to do so would appreciate your help very much.
Thank you.
edi

Hi edi;

I seem to recall using one or the other of these 2 methods to get the tool into ArcMap 10.1:

http://gis.cancer.gov/tools/installation.html

http://gis-techniques.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-to-get-color-brewer-ramp-in-arcmap.html

I seem to recall that it's important to remove any earlier versions of ColorBrewer before installing and to have the .NET framework 1.1.  However, I still haven't solved the problem of getting the "Layer Name" field to populate with any of the layers in the TOC.  Maybe that dilemma will be solved with the release of 10.2.  Good luck and if you happen to solve the "Layer Name" problem I'm having, please let me know.  Thanks.

Jim
0 Kudos