Clone hosted feature service with error message Access to admin resources are not allowed

06-03-2022 12:39 PM
CongHuang
New Contributor II

Hi, I have a problem by using Clone_Items function.

I try to clone some layers from one portal to another, every other formats are totally working fine except hosted feature service, it keep giving me the error 

Access to admin resources are not allowed\n(Error Code: 403)'

I can use python API to publish the feature service from my local to both portal, just failed with clone.

I'm admin in both portal. And I tried to make one to Publisher, still get the same error.

Dose anyone have the same problem?  

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
mgress12
New Contributor III

Following an upgrade to 10.9.1 we are seeing this same error when cloning hosted feature layers through the python api. 

0 Kudos
NathanHeickLACSD
Occasional Contributor III

I'm not having this exact same error message, but the message says something about unauthorized access even though I too am an administrator.  It's only on some hosted feature services.  I never had any issue with other item types.

Did you ever figure this one out?  I really want to use clone_items, but I have run into about three edge cases where cloning hosted feature services chokes.

0 Kudos
CongHuang
New Contributor II
Hi,
The problem not actually solved. I just found out if you set up the login info in the server set up line GIS(username=”xxx”, password=”xxxx” ), may solve the hosted feature clone issue. But this solution only works for ArcGIS server version 2.xx, if you updated to 3.xx, the other authorization issues happen.
0 Kudos