Changing an item id of an existing web map on Portal for ArcGIS

Jump to solution
12-03-2021 02:59 PM
pzhuchkov
New Contributor

I want to know if it is possible to change an item id of an existing web map on Portal for ArcGIS. 

Context

A lot of external services are related to item ids of existing web maps. It is necessary to set up a new Portal for ArcGIS on another server. Then all web maps will be republished on it. I would like to change all ids of republished web maps for old ones to save my links with external services.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

There is not a way within Portal for ArcGIS to alter an ItemID.  Once the ID is assigned that's what it will be until you delete and recreate the item. 

If you will have the old and new Portals up and running at the same time, you can use clone_items within the ArcGIS Python API and that function will allow the web map to keep its ItemID.  Here is the link to more detail about clone items

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

There is not a way within Portal for ArcGIS to alter an ItemID.  Once the ID is assigned that's what it will be until you delete and recreate the item. 

If you will have the old and new Portals up and running at the same time, you can use clone_items within the ArcGIS Python API and that function will allow the web map to keep its ItemID.  Here is the link to more detail about clone items