Change Portal Token URL?

04-17-2017 03:13 PM
AllenScully
Occasional Contributor III

We've had to redo the web adaptor configuration for our Portal site (the server also has ArcServer installed which is the federated and hosting server for Portal - kids, don't configure the same web adaptor for Portal and Server even if it lets you.  Lesson learned). 

We had to install a new web adaptor (called portal) for the Portal site - using AGO Assistant we were able to re-wire existing apps with the correct URL reflecting the new web adaptor.  However we are still encountering a problem - 

When trying to access layers published through the federated server (My Hosted Services server connection directly adding items into Portal) they don't render ("Layer cannot be added to the map"), and there's a 500 error.

The URL that is not valid is:  <servername/domain>/arcgis/sharing/generateToken......   So this url is referencing the old Portal web adaptor.  When I change the url to reference the new web adaptor, it's valid and generates a token.   

So what I'm wondering is if there is somewhere in the Portal configuration to change this URL to reflect the new web adaptor.  I've dug around in the ../portaladmin options but with no luck.

Thanks -

Allen

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Unfortunately, there's no way to change the URL for hosted services.  You can try to download the data using ArcMap or the REST endpoint and republish it.  I mentioned here we're looking to make this process easier in the future.

AllenScully
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Jonathan -

I've explored this a little bit more, and noticed something interesting.  I cannot add hosted layers to a map (get the error mentioned above regarding the token URL).  However when I share the layer, - with a group, organization, 'everyone' - I can load it into a map and don't get any warnings or errors in the dev. tools.  This is odd because, since it gets published to my content - would think I could see it myself without any sharing. 

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

What do you see when you look at the federated server through Portaladmin?  Are the URLs correct?

https://<server>.<domain>.com:7443/arcgis/portaladmin/federation/servers/<id>

0 Kudos
HåkonDreyer
Esri Contributor

Hi, Jonathan

Guess we have run into a similar problem on a customer 10.4 site. Checking .../portaladmin/federation/servers/<id> the URL is wrongly pointing at an uninstalled webadaptor. (The adminURL is ok).

Is there a way to change this without unfederating the server?

0 Kudos