cannot edit server data in portal, but can attach photos

09-13-2017 09:48 AM
MCAGIS
by
New Contributor II

Hi

We have run into this issue a few times now. For some records within a feature we have had trouble editing the attribute information. The record will allow us to add attachments, but not edit the tabular data.

Any ideas? All editing is on, and it isn't an issue for most records within features. Additionally, when we edit on the database side within ArcMap all is well.

Thanks,

James

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

When you try to edit the tabular data with Fiddler or the dev tools running, what's the JSON response?  Do the Server logs indicate why the edit doesn't go through?

0 Kudos
MCAGIS
by
New Contributor II

unfortunately i'm not administrator so don't have full rights. We manage data, services, and web mapping/apping but cannot configure, create databases, or change settings. Will chrome dev tools still give me the data needed?

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Sorry, I meant check the ArcGIS Server logs.  You should be able to reach Manager or use the Admin API to query the logs.

Chrome dev tools will definitely give you the JSON response.  I would make your edits when the dev tools are running to see what's returned.

0 Kudos
DennisGeasan
Occasional Contributor II

What is the database being used for the Portal's Datastore?  ArcGIS DataStore or an Enterprise Geodatabase?

0 Kudos
MCAGIS
by
New Contributor II

we have sql server with ESRI SDE environment. So enterprise geodatabase.

0 Kudos