Can you set pooling for a hosted feature service (portal)?

08-04-2017 07:41 AM
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

Can you set pooling for a hosted feature service on a datastore for portal 10.4.1?

Now, I know that you literally can go into service properties for that HFS and change the pooling but it seems to break the hosted feature service.

Is this something that, while can be done, should not be done?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

All services published with ArcGIS 10.1 for Server and later releases, are pooled. This means that instances of the service can be shared between multiple application sessions.

Tuning and configuring services—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Think Location
0 Kudos
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

I did see that.  When I change the instances though it seems to break it.  The following scenario, with changes made in red, seem to break the HFS.  But the ability to change them is available.

0 Kudos
JamesGustine
New Contributor III

I think what the OP means to ask is.. can you set the Min # of instances to 0? . We have a similar situation with many Hosted feature services published for Survey123. In general these services just sit there, so what's the point in having a instance spun up and waiting? I've done some testing and while portal and web apps are cool with it, it seems that Survey 123 isn't.

JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Instances are only applicable to non-hosted services, or your traditional map/feature services, as a SOC process is created for these services.  Hosted services are considered "light weight" as they don't spin up a SOC process so the concept of instances is not relevant to hosted services.