Can't edit Web Map information in ArcGIS Portal 10.3.1

Jump to solution
10-31-2016 11:36 AM
EricHeinrichs
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to edit some tags in a web map, so I can use it on the mobile Collector app, but whenever I try to update anything, it won't save it.

I have no idea why I can't update this, and I also cannot find any other way to change the tags.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulDavidson1
Occasional Contributor III

Are you using Chrome or Firefox?

Try using IE or if you're on Windows 10 and IE doesn't work, give Edge a try.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PaulDavidson1

Are you using Chrome or Firefox?

Try using IE or if you're on Windows 10 and IE doesn't work, give Edge a try.

0 Kudos
EricHeinrichs
Occasional Contributor

Well, that's bizarre. Switching to IE allowed me to add the tag. I've only ever used Chrome, so I wonder what the problem is now...

0 Kudos
PaulDavidson1

Is your Portal HTTPS only?

Recently a number of folks, myself included, have had problems like that regarding Portal and Chrome.

It is totally bizarre.  I think it's related to Chrome's behind the scenes security workings and how Portal does its thing.

Fingers crossed it continues to work with IE...

0 Kudos
EricHeinrichs
Occasional Contributor

Yes, we use HTTPS only. Hopefully this problem doesn't last. I don't want to keep switching between browsers!

0 Kudos
PaulDavidson1

Yep...  Fortunately, our IT standard is IE so that simplifies it for me.

I suspect it's only an HTTPS issue but I don't know that for sure.

Actually, I just tested this on an HTTP/HTTPS dev Portal I have setup and it failed there.

It appears it's not restricted to HTTPS only.

However, this dev portal was HTTPS only until last week when I removed the HTTPS only.

But the Portal interface still requires me to log into and access the Portal interface via https.

But it will now read HTTP  servers where before it would read an HTTP map service for the first go but then start rejecting the HTTP layers.

I'm not real clear on exactly what is going with that behavior.

0 Kudos