Beta Map Viewer - when coming to ArcGIS Enterprise?

Jump to solution
01-05-2021 11:23 AM
FraserHand
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked / posted before - but when is the Beta Map Viewer coming to ArcGIS Enterprise as the default Map Viewer - is this slated for 10.9(.x) or later?

Thanks

@jquinn

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

According to this post, the new Map Viewer will leave Beta in approximately 3-6 months. My best guess that it would come to the next Enterprise release after that timeframe, though the official timeline for the ArcGIS Enterprise release has not yet been announced.

Also, "Future releases of ArcGIS Enterprise will include the new Map Viewer as a fully supported feature once it is released out of beta." from this blog.

I know this is vague, but it seems like it is the only information available at this time.

-Calvin

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JayHodny

You can install Map Viewer Beta now on Enterprise 10.8.1.  Check out this blog.

0 Kudos
FraserHand

Hi,

Sorry - what I'm asking is when it is going to be part of core and replace the current 3.x viewer. As the default viewer.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JayHodny

Oh, sorry, I don't have that answer.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

According to this post, the new Map Viewer will leave Beta in approximately 3-6 months. My best guess that it would come to the next Enterprise release after that timeframe, though the official timeline for the ArcGIS Enterprise release has not yet been announced.

Also, "Future releases of ArcGIS Enterprise will include the new Map Viewer as a fully supported feature once it is released out of beta." from this blog.

I know this is vague, but it seems like it is the only information available at this time.

-Calvin

FraserHand

Thanks for pointing me to that post. I've subscribed to that place so will keep an eye on it.

Cheers!

0 Kudos