ArcPad and Portal

Jump to solution
08-12-2014 09:10 PM
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In looking at the ArcGIS 10.2 Help - Common clients of Portal for ArcGIS, ArcPad is nowhere to be seen.  Granted, the title does say "common," but I am wondering whether ArcPad can be an uncommon client of Portal for ArcGIS.  The last line of the aforementioned page does say to check the shortcuts in the Start menu where Portal is installed, but I don't have ready access to the OS where our Portal instance is installed for testing.

Has anyone tried using ArcPad as a client of Portal?  If so, does it work?  I haven't had much luck searching documentation, any links to definitive (I use that term loosely with Esri's track record of documentation) documentation on the matter?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

A coworker finally got an answer from Esri through other channels:

Esri wrote:

...ArcPad does not use IWA authentication.  This is a feature we are not planning to add in the next release, and is not currently on our radar for future releases either.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Bueller?  Beuller?  No one from Esri staff visits the Portal for ArcGIS place?

JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

A coworker finally got an answer from Esri through other channels:

Esri wrote:

...ArcPad does not use IWA authentication.  This is a feature we are not planning to add in the next release, and is not currently on our radar for future releases either.

0 Kudos