ArcMap 10.1 Freezes when Using 'Add All Values' in Symbology under Layer Properties

08-26-2013 12:49 PM
MatthewTremonte
New Contributor
Long time listener, first time caller.

I have had an issue with ArcMap 10.1 lately. I am attempting to do a simple re-symbolization of a layer of Countries based upon data in a joined table. I have joined the table successfully to the country layer, but when I go into Layer Properties, choose the Symbology tab, and choose 'Unique Values and then 'Add All Values' for a field from the joined table... and ArcMap freezes. Attached is the window that it hangs on. Any suggested solutions? I have tried creating a separate Layer file with the Table Join saved into it but have seen the same issue.

My licenses, etc. are all up to date through 2014 as far as I know.[ATTACH=CONFIG]26999[/ATTACH]

Cheers!

-Tremonte
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JimCousins
MVP Regular Contributor
Are there any issues with "Illegal" characters? ie: field begins with a number, has spaces in it, has an "&" or other non-alphanumeric characters?
0 Kudos
MatthewTremonte
New Contributor
Good afternoon!

Thank you much for your reply. I figured it out, and it was basically very similar. I had to save the file as a Excel 97-2003 compatible format rather than a CSV, than I re-joined it to the layer and all is working just swimmingly now.

Thanks again, and take care.

-Tremonte
0 Kudos