ArcGIS Runtime Portal Search Parameters - Returns Esri Foreign language content

Jump to solution
12-16-2015 09:08 AM
BenGrod
Occasional Contributor III

We are using the Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Portal.SearchParameters to customize a search tool for our end users but it is returning hundreds of records of preinstalled Esri content in multiple languages (ex. Story Map Journal in every language). I would like to be able to delete that content from our Portal or filter it out of the search results. It doesn't appear you could easily filter out all of this content with the available search parameters. Anyone ran into this and have a suggestion?

Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1

0 Kudos
14 Replies
GeryPletinck
New Contributor II

Esri?? Can you give an answer?

AbeCoughlin1
New Contributor III

From another page on the same topic... Remove all the pre-registered "apps" from Portal 

Yes I too would like to install a 'clean' Portal without thousands and thousands of items/content already in my Portal.

I am unsure how much of it really is needed. 

I am developing a process that may work.  Install portal but before you run initial site set up you need to truncate the items and contents files.

...\portal\framework\template

* replaced index.zip with the empty_index.zip

* la_content.zip - emptied the zip

* portal_content.zip - emptied the zip

I ran the site create, no content was in the site but when browsing postgre database with PGadmin found all the tables had records for users/items/content, etc...

** I found data.sql in the templates folder also that inserted all these records.

I truncated the data.sql file as well. 

For the most part the Portal is now empty without all the pre-loaded content. 

You can also hide the 'Organization' tab by some simple added javascript, so that once the page loads you simply hide the tab so the user never sees it. It's there but not accessible. To share items with the organization as a whole, simply have a new group called 'organization' or 'all' and put everyone in it. I'm still tweaking where I should put the script but it does do the job. I'm sure the same thing could work for the 'gallery' link also.

0 Kudos
AnnetteFarrell
New Contributor II

Also having this problem - we are launching a new Portal 10.6.1 and there are 80 esri_apps items showing in My Organisation.  Is there no way to hide them after you've already installed the application?

0 Kudos
GeryPletinck
New Contributor II

@ESRI: We're now waiting for more than two years, but still no solution !!!

0 Kudos
AbeCoughlin1
New Contributor III

There's a few posts regarding a similar issue on the portal front end.

Sorry but I couldn't work out how to share or link to it but the topic is 'Remove all the pre-registered "apps" from Portal'.

0 Kudos