Arcgis Enterprise security Single Sign-On (SSO)

06-23-2015 12:49 PM
shafitrumboo
New Contributor III

I'm using Develop edition of WAB where I build custom widgets and download the application and deploy it locally. So at end I will be having multiple web application and also I have some other Non-GIS application. I wrap the downloaded WAB application in aspx (.net) page for security reasons. I know I can have only one application based on WAB and can show /hide widgets and load different web maps loading different configuration settings but I assume that will not make any difference related to security and also I will be having some other applications.

Although I have ADFS in place and we want SSO in our all applications and I saw it can achieved using ArcGIS Portal ( I will use portal only for creating web maps and assign permissions). But I assume we need named users for portal for giving permission to web maps that we will usedn developer edition of WAB applications but that can be a rider for me, Am I right? ( I want to make sure because I will talk to management and put this case)

Is there any other options where can achieve same may be using GIS server authentication and ArcGIS services server through proxy.

Robert Scheitlin, GISP

Since I'm assume you are using WAB and secure services can you please enlighten me with your valuable inputs.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
shafitrumboo
New Contributor III

Hi Nicolas,

What was your final solution?. Since we are using ADFS for IDP and we non-arcgis application also. They work perfectly with ADFS but I wonder why not ArcGIS Services.

Shafi

0 Kudos
anirudhnegi1
New Contributor

Hi All,

Did someone found any resolution for this?

0 Kudos