ArcGIS Enterprise portal 11.1 not showing web map or loading organization tab

01-17-2024 08:24 AM
AbdelrahmanGhazaly
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm having an sudden issue using ArcGIS enterprise 11.1, suddenly I couldn't find web map tab and cannot open any layer in web map viewer.

The tab is available before signing in, after I sign in it disappears and I can't open any web map content.

Also I can't access my organization tab, it's loading but not displaying anything as shown.

I tried to restart services of all components, reindexing portal, Repair portal 

my environment is base deployment in single machine and I'm using Creator user type with admin privilege also this problem faced all organization users.

11 Replies
AL_77
by
New Contributor III

I have an update: we discovered our security team had gone in and made some changes to the TLS settings on the actual server. When compared to the portaladmin TLS info, there were several additional ciphers added on the server side. When we rolled back to a backup from before the TLS changes, the portal reverted back to working. We will be working to slowly make the TLS changes one at a time to see which ones impacted the portal. 

0 Kudos
Ann-MarieFalkowski1
New Contributor III

Hello,

We had a very similar issue with our production Enterprise 11.1 where our Organization tab would not load and we could not perform any administrative functions through the Portal home page. End users appeared to be unaffected (maps and apps were working). When we tried to re-import the Portal license in Portal Administrative Directory we got the error: "Failed to configure the definition of the appBundles Essential Apps." TLS was not the issue and we are unable to upgrade to 11.2 at this time.

We ended up opening a support ticket with Esri and followed a complicated set of steps. General steps were to:

• Back up the arcgisportal\content and \db folders
  • Uninstall Portal, rename the old arcgisportal and Portal folders, then do a clean-install of Portal
  • Replace config-store-connection.json file
  • Check the "sharedkey" value in files.
  • Reindex Portal.
  • Replace most of the folders from the old arcgisportal\content to the new arcgisportal\content
  • Import the portal license in Portal Administrative Directory

There's a lot more to these steps, but if you have the same issue ask your Esri Support Analyst to reference Case #03573850 for the exact steps.

-Ann-Marie
0 Kudos