Adding(registering) Azure Blob as a Datastore; Environment variable blank

03-09-2023 10:36 AM
culkeri
New Contributor

In enterprise 10.9.1, I am attempting to use the portal interface to add an azure blob as a datastore.

When it comes time to select the 'Environment', no options are presented.  

This field is required to complete the connection string; normally by selecting <Azure cloud>.

Does anyone know why I am presented with no options?  See attachment.

Add items—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JalesM
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Can you try accessing your Portal Home over "7443/arcgis" (bypassing the Web Adaptor or LB) and try again? Do you see the same result?

0 Kudos
culkeri
New Contributor

I tried, and even with the 'direct connection' the field is still blank.

0 Kudos
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

The documentation suggests you should provide the name of your Microsoft Azure and the Account key to access it, before you choose the Azure environment where the storage location exists. Something like this perhaps.

ChrisUnderwood_0-1678468675926.png

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/use/add-items.htm#ESRI_SECTION2_39B2CCBE12CA4F269E3EA...

0 Kudos
culkeri
New Contributor

After entering the provider, account name, and key, the environment drop-down remains blank 

0 Kudos
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Please try this in ArcGIS Pro, ideally version 3.1.0, you do not need to be connected to any Portal.

From Analysis > Tools > search for Create Cloud Store Connection File, and open that tool. Only select Service Provider "Azure", what options are you then offered in Region (Environment) ?

ChrisUnderwood_0-1679928595713.png

0 Kudos
culkeri
New Contributor

Thank you to everyone who responded.

After investigation, we discovered that this was due to an internal firewall restriction.

0 Kudos