Registering Azure Blob as Image cache

03-05-2020 05:52 PM
SimonPook1
New Contributor III

I am trying to register a directory in ArcGIS server 10.6 to an Azure Blob storage container & am failing hard.
The location box is requesting an absolute path, but when I drop what Azure tells me is the absolute path, which takes the format of: https://[storageaccount].blob.core.windows.net/[container]/[blob], ArcGIS server continues to tell me its not an absolute path.

What am I doing wrong? I can't find anything anywhere that suggests another way of entering this information.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChristopherPawlyszyn
Esri Contributor

I see it's been a few months but wanted to add some context here that would hopefully help someone in the future.

The registration of a cloud store (Azure Blob in this case) should be performed following the creation of the storage account and after gathering the access key necessary (or configuring the IAM role properly in AWS) in the cloud service's console. The registration process is documented here:

Register your data with ArcGIS Server using Server Manager—ArcGIS Server | Documentation for ArcGIS ... 

I was able to successfully register an Azure Blob container and automatically register it as a cache directory in ArcGIS Server Manager on one of my Azure deployments. I used the key that was associated automatically with the storage account I created and created a container without a folder to contain the cache.

-- Chris Pawlyszyn
0 Kudos
wwnde
by
Occasional Contributor

The documentation covers enterprise. Is it possible with azure DefaultEndpointsProtocol, AccountKey etc I can access a blob container and read json file into an Arcpro API notebook? Any other way I can go about it?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos