Every time I stop instance in AWS my Enterprise implementation get corrupted

01-25-2021 11:06 AM
DiegoLlamasOlivares
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I have implemented an Enterprise in  a single machine in AWS.  I am doing some test with this 10.7.1 Enterprise, and after the test i shutdown the machine in order Amazon do not charge me for a machine i do not use. 

But for some reason, everytime i turn off the VM, or I stop instance from AWS console, ArcGIS Enterprise get corrupted and I need to recreate my insulation again. I have tried even stop Portal, server and datastore services  in windows before turn off the VM or stop instance, but after restart instance, my enterprise do nor respond. 

Portal1.PNG

Error I get from Portal, and home page stays blank

portal2.PNG

Error I get from server when I restart instance

portal3.PNG

and Data Store seems like never was configured with Server.

I check all folders and have privileges for arcgis user, i check services and javaw, portal, socs and all instances and services are up. 

Any idea why it happened?

Thanks,

Diego Llamas

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GeoffreyWest4
New Contributor II

Are you using an Elastic IP?  My guess is that your hostname has changed when you stop and start your instance.

DiegoLlamasOlivares
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

thank you for your response. I am not sure, i checked aws console and it says Elastic IP

Portal4.PNG

portal5.PNG

How can I check this is not elastic any more and recreate my portal?

Thanks, 

Diego

0 Kudos
GeoffreyWest4
New Contributor II

@Diego  - check your private IP in the EC2 console and the hostname file on your Portal machine- those should be the same.   How did you deploy this stack?

0 Kudos