Azure Cloud Builder 10.6.1 : cloudStorageOption is not valid

07-19-2018 04:42 AM
Francisco_R
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I was wondering if somebody else is also struggling with the same issue than I am.

I tried to use the Cloud Builder 10.6.1 to deploy a new ArcGIS Server (General purpose) on Azure. I fill up all the steps, making sure I don't want to use Cloud Storage at "CONFIGURATION STORE OPTIONS".

Then, when I click on "Finish", the process starts, but quite fast I get a validation error:

Template validation errors:- Deployment template validation failed: 'The template variable 'cloudStorageOption' is not valid: Unable to evaluate the template language function 'substring'. The length parameter cannot be less than zero. The length parameter: '-1'. Please see https://aka.ms/arm-template-expressions/#substring for usage details.. Please see https://aka.ms/arm-template-expressions for usage details.'.. Details:-

It looks like the template made by Cloud Builder lacks of a parameter, or is not properly derived.

Just for the sake of testing, I modified the configuration to get the artifacts from a configuration USING cloud storage, and I can see

"useCloudStorage": {
      "value": true
    },

Somewhere in the template. At the original template I created NOT USING cloud storage, there is not a parameter "useCloudStorage" with value = false.

According to the ARM template:

"cloudStorageOption": {
"true": "[concat(substring(parameters('externalDnsHostName'), 0, indexOf(parameters('externalDnsHostName'),'.')), '@', parameters('cloudStorageAccountName'), variables('environmentToBlobEndpoint')[parameters('environment')], '@', parameters('cloudStorageAccountResourceGroupName'),'@',string(parameters('useAzureFiles')))]",
"false": ""

Is it possible that Cloud Builder fails creating the template/parameters in this particular scenario?

Kind regards,
Francisco
Support Analyst at Geodata AS
0 Kudos
2 Replies
josuedi
New Contributor III

Hi  Francisco Ruiz Lopez

The same thing happened to me and I could solve it as shown in the attached images. I do not know if you looked in Microsoft Azure Marketplace ArcGIS Enterprise and then did the steps indicated in the attached images. I was able to solve everything in that way.

I hope it helps you.

SeanTucker2
New Contributor

True the above step should be taken
- But, does not solve the issue since we already have it enabled
Double checked.

So, not a fix for us.

0 Kudos