Select to view content in your preferred language

Failed to find network path when installing Enterprise components

02-22-2024 12:51 PM
Labels (1)
GrantSmith122
New Contributor III

Here is a very technical question that our office cannot seem to find an answer for. We are attempting to install Enterprise components (Portal, Server, Data Store) on a Windows 2022 Server machine that is hosted in AWS. I, logged in with my personal credentials, run the installer as an Administrator and then get to the screen where I need to input an account to run the service. We have a dedicated service account that we input (domain\name) with the password, but when I go to hit Next, the installer gives an error saying "Network path not found". We retried the process by logging into the machine with an account that has elevated permissions (administrator on the domain) and installer worked fine. We compared the two processes with Wireshark, and noticed that a SAMR request was being blocked when I used my personal account for the installer.

Does anyone know precisely what the ESRI installer is using my account for when reaching back and looking into the AD? We assume it's just trying to use my account to Read/verify that the service account exists, but we need to be sure that the installer isn't trying to Write anything to the AD or update something. We've tried a bunch of things relating to Group Policies, OUs, etc. but nothing seems to work. We have a few workarounds that we can use, but some of our security teams are really interested now in what exactly the installer is trying to do in the AD. Anyone have any ideas or seen something like this before?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimoT
by
Occasional Contributor

Here's a stab in the dark based on other Esri documentation for setting up IWA. This also utilises a domain account to peer into AD: 

Keen to know if you have any further findings.

Timo

0 Kudos