Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Enterprise in Google Cloud ... who's doing it?!

Jump to solution
12-07-2020 12:23 PM
TimHaverlandNOAA
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I was pleased to see this blog post about running ArcGIS Enterprise in Google Cloud Platform (GCP).

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-enterprise/administration/running-arcgis-enterprise...

Would love to find others who have had success in GCP so we can form a small strange band of misfits.

C'mon I know there must be a few of you out there! @pheede-esri can you help us make connections?

It would also be great to find out if anyone has already build machine images for the different ArcGIS Enterprise server components.

Tim

NOAA Fisheries

14 Replies
Zartico-GIS
Occasional Contributor

@michae1duncanThank you for providing these details.

I thought the one difference with GCP VM vs AWS or Azure was the lack of a public hostname. I also thought the WebContextURL was only required when there was a reverse proxy, which I didn't think affected me yet until I had the dedicated DNS to devote to it. I must have been off base some. I will try out your suggestions. Thank you again!

Edit: Putting the external IP in the webcontextURL did indeed solve it.

0 Kudos
berniejconnors
Frequent Contributor

Why is it that Esri does not mention GCP on their "ArcGIS Enterprise in the cloud" website (https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/cloud/)?  Is it just because Esri and Google are competitors in the mapping market?  Or does Esri think there are advantages to running AGE on AWS and Azure?  Does anyone have an opinion on this?

AngelaVanderpas1
Emerging Contributor

Also curious about this.

jez
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I'm deep in the weeds of an ArcGIS Enterprise deployment on GCP.  I've confirmed that deploying with Enterprise Builder is not a viable option.  Sounds like individual component installers, PowerShell DSC, and Chef are all supported but may require modification.  Any thoughts on which approach works best?

0 Kudos
michae1duncan
Occasional Contributor

I've used PowerShell DSC, and individual component installers, and unless you are going to be doing many different vms, and have the setup of those vms automated with Powershell, the individual installers are pretty easy and straight forward nowadays.  If you are just setting up one deployment, then it's a lot of configuration to get dsc ready to go.  So just individual installers work great.

0 Kudos