Test the Capabilities of New Functionality Prior to Release and Publish the Results to the Resource Pages.

08-16-2020 08:50 PM
JoeGuziStarkCountyOH
Occasional Contributor

Greetings,

The idea of Testing the Capabilities of New Functionality Prior to Release and Publish the Results to the Resource Pages, would help GIS professionals understand what the New Functionality can and cannot do. 

For example, I am interested in utilizing Datastore Items to Bulk Publish Services to ArcGIS Enterprise. In my initial testing, I learned that the services published from Datastore items, do not honor relationships between feature classes and tables. I have also run into issues publishing services from a Datastore item that references data in a feature dataset that participate in a Geometric Network. Nothing in the documentation indicated that these two issues were not possible. (I have opened Cases with Esri support, to confirm my findings and request enhancements for these short comings.)(Update: you can publish data that participates in a geometric network, from a data store item... if you are using editor tracking in a different timezone than UTC, then you will need to set the time zone in arcgis server manager in order for the data to show up in the webmap).

My point is, if the capabilities of the new functionality were published in the resources pages in detail, it would have saved me and possibly other GIS Professionals a significant amount of time. Please let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for reviewing this idea.

Thank you for everything and have a delightful day.

Sincerely,

Joe Guzi