Option to integrate ArcGIS Monitor statistics into ArcGIS Portal Status page

12-16-2020 09:09 AM
Joshua-Young
Occasional Contributor III

I think it would be useful to have an option to integrate ArcGIS Monitor with ArcGIS Portal and replace the Organization->Status page with a more detailed status page.

What I am thinking of is having an entry under Organization->Settings->Servers to specify a connection to ArcGIS Monitor. That federates ArcGIS Monitor with ArcGIS Portal and spins up a new site in ArcGIS Monitor that is automatically configured based on the configuration and content of ArcGIS Portal. Finally replace the standard Organization->Status page with one based on the ArcGIS Monitor data.

The new status page could have the user-friendly UI similar to the current status page, but with more details, and a link to the ArcGIS Monitor Server application URL to view all the details.

5 Comments
JohnDye2

YASSSSS!

ThomasBrophy

This sounds like a very good and useful idea.  Please consider this action.

John_Spence

This might be an option with the plans for 10.9 of Monitor, but yes, this would be important.

GeoJen
by Esri Contributor
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Hi @Joshua-Young 

Can you clarify which metrics you would be interested in seeing in ArcGIS Monitor that are currently available through ArcGIS Portal?

In ArcGIS Monitor 2023 you have the ability to expose collected data via a feature service, which can be added to portal as an item and used to construct ArcGIS dashboards allowing you to access Monitor data in Portal. Would this feature solve your use case? 

Joshua-Young

I think the new feature service functionality is fairly close to what I had in mind. What would be great is to have a way to add those dashboards created with ArcGIS Monitor data as new tabs in the Organization->Status->Dashboard section if that is the direction Esri is going with ArcGIS Monitor. 

What I had in mind is a tab in the Organization->Status->Dashboard section that showed indicators for server health and ArcGIS Enterprise software health. Basically, a simple one stop place for admins to look at within ArcGIS for Portal to know what the overall health of the portal is. Then if there is an issue clicking on the issue launches the federated ArcGIS Monitor site to get more information.

I am looking for something that lets me stay within ArcGIS for Portal and only go into ArcGIS Monitor if there is an issue to troubleshoot.