Globally Set Lock Database Schema when Publishing Services

07-03-2018 08:16 AM
MelanieWawryk
Occasional Contributor III

We like to have all of our web services with database locking turned off.  When the schema is locked the services can prevent SDE from compressing. I would like to change this so when we add a new web service, it is database locking unchecked (false) by default rather than checked (true).  There should be a config file somewhere that can be changed so the default is set to false but there doesn't seem to be.  I realize that we can easily change it every single time I add a web service but it only takes on to be forgotten to cause issues and if it is on by default it should also be able to be off by default.

Tanu HoqueNidhin Karthikeyanbrian bieberAlison GaiserJason Greenlaw

behavior 

2 Comments
AbeCoughlin

Alternatively, but equally valuable, is an option to configure it ourselves.

We're in the same boat and have had to set each map service individually, and regardless how we do it, it's not a simple checkbox - it's in the Advanced Settings, buried too deep to make it a quick item to address. But, as someone else identified in a discussion on it, by configuring a default  value alleviates having to do it every time, ensuring that the setting is correct, as opposed to allowing potential user error (forgetfulness/busy/pre-occupied etc).

jill_es
Status changed to: Under Consideration