Global Bookmarks in Portal

06-08-2021 10:49 AM
Cochrane
New Contributor II

It would be great to have the ability in an Enterprise Portal (or even AGOL) to specify a bookmarks file as an organization default. The benefit of this would allow every new web map created within the Portal to automatically get all the bookmarks from the organization default added to it.

Currently, we have to either import bookmarks into Pro and share a web map to our Portal for bookmarks to carry through, OR create bookmarks manually in each web map we create. It would be nice if we could set a global bookmark gallery so every map would acquire a certain set of bookmarks by default.

5 Comments
jcarlson

I like this idea a lot! It's certainly something we'd make use of.

by Anonymous User

I vote for this idea. 

Working on a big project with different environments, as a release management procedure, I need to ensure the contents in the same areas are consistent across the environments. With what currently have, it's not efficient and even painful to do, basically need to re-do everything from each environment. 

if we got this option it would be a pain reliever to any scenario like ours.    

SRP53
by

This idea needs to be implemented.  in order to create a good group working dynamic with a web ap portal, the team needs to be able to share bookmarks 

JeffreySchmidt3000

It would also be nice to have bookmarks tied to a named user account, such that the user controlled the bookmarks and in whatever app or map viewer they were using, the options would show for them.  I work for a state agency and while the whole state is important to me as an admin, for our field staff, only certain locations are important to them.  

LaurenAlt

Yes this would be perfect. We work in 7  different locations for all of our maps, so it would be helpful to import a bookmark file, or add it from the content list!!