Azure Application Proxy: Add support Pre Authentication with Azure Active Directory(AAD) for ArcGIS Enterprise

01-27-2021 05:12 AM
KristineSmaadal1
New Contributor II

Support for Pre-Authentication with Azure Active Directory (AAD) when using Azure Application Proxy with ArcGIS Enterprise is highly needed in order to provide secure access to ArcGIS Applications in our organization without depending on VPN-solutions. As of now, only passthrough pre authentication is supported with AGE, and this doesn’t allow us to use Conditional Access Policies, SSO and two-step verification. 

3 Comments
Aneel_Kumar_M

I am also looking for the "Azure Application Proxy"

CoreyFields3

We also are in need of this. Our company uses MSFT Entra pre-auth to enforce MFA which is not compatible with Field Maps or Survey123. Passthrough was tested successfully but violates company security practices. 

GISCoordinator2

We also require this and will not use Portal features externally until its supported. I have had our ESRI Australia staff reach out to ESRI Inc for comment and I get zero response from ESRI Inc as to why the WEB/APP experience with pre authentication is not comparable.