Add layer-level metrics to System Monitor

08-28-2018 09:40 AM
deactivated-user-ChrisBeaudett
New Contributor III

Currently the only way to get layer-level metrics (usage, response time, etc.) is from the System Log Parser, an unsupported tool from Esri services.

It would be beneficial if ArcGIS Monitor had the same capabilities (beyond the current capability to get summary info only).  

Integrate all metrics gathered from the System Log Parser -- including layer-level monitoring -- to ArcGIS Monitor.

Tags (1)
2 Comments
RoyceSimpson

I think what I'm wanting is the same as this idea. 

Before I fired up and configured Monitor I did all my ArcGIS Server monitoring via Windows Performance Monitor.  There are counters available in there that I would LOVE to have via Monitor. 

For example, I'd like to be able to alert on "active requests" (\\server\w3svc_w3wp(_Total\Active Requests) and "current connections" (\\server\Web Service(Default Web Site)\Current Connections) for web adapter web server. 

These two metric are indispensable to knowing the health of my AGS sites.  If I could be alerted when my "Active Requests" go over say 30 or so (indicating that incoming requests are not being fulfilled and are piling up at the web server), that would be a huge help in getting to the affected system in a timely manner to start troubleshooting.

x (x)
GeoJen
by Esri Contributor
Status changed to: Under Consideration