ArcGIS Pro Cityworks SOE

12-28-2017 11:29 AM
DarrenHaag
New Contributor III

When I publish a service to our Server through ArcMap, the ability to turn on the Cityworks SOE is available as are many other options.  Those options are also available within ArcGIS Server Manager.  If I publish a Service through ArcGIS Pro, I have no option to turn on the Cityworks SOE.  I also do not have the option to turn on the Cityworks SOE Capability after it has been loaded to server.  Am I missing something, or can we not turn on SOE capabilities from layers served up from Pro?

Options from ArcMap Service

Options from ArcMap

Options from ArcPro Service

Options from ArcPro

Tags (3)
12 Replies
DonMorrison1
Occasional Contributor III

I was indeed able to create a new SOI once I installed the ArcGIS Enterprise SDK and selected the proper project template. I installed it on my ArcGIS server OK and enabled it on my REST service (published from ArcGIS Pro) but the REST service failed with a "ClassFactory cannot supply requested class" error.  Since the SOI I'm testing is the default (no customizations) I'm assuming the problem is an outdated .NET framework on the ArcGIS server. I don't do the server installs but I'd like to understand what I need to request from the group that does.  Can I update the .NET framework and keep the server at 10.6 or do I have to update the entire server? Thanks!

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

ArcGIS Server must also have the supported .NET framework configured and also the .NET extension support enabled. The SDK's supported .NET framework can be found here. Plus, the extension should be compiled using the same version of Enterprise SDK as the version of ArcGIS Server which the extension will be deployed to.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Why our life gets harder in Pro? why there is nothing straightforward to get the SOE extension configured for Pro?

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine