Custom data feeds samples and documentation

04-29-2023 09:06 AM
MarcBateEA
New Contributor III

I downloaded the Enterprise SDK v11.1 and only found the command line utility for creating the custom data feeds nodejs project, however, the documentation seems to be from an older version maybe even 10.9.1, and no documentation on custom data feeds, and no samples.

Where are the samples? I don't see them on github either, and the online documentation for the SDK doesn't have anything on custom data feeds either.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
27 Replies
MarcBateEA
New Contributor III

I've seen all that. Didn't answer my question. Those don't go deep enough into creating the provider. The session from DevSummit was closest I could find.

0 Kudos
SimonSchütte_ct
Occasional Contributor III

I have something, but need to check back for sharing permissions

0 Kudos
SimonSchütte_ct
Occasional Contributor III

Ok, I got the permission to share the link 🙂
Here you can find the documentation from the Beta Program for Custom Data Feeds, including some samples: https://cdf.webgistesting.net/customdatahelp/  

MarcBateEA
New Contributor III

That's the kind of thing I was looking for. Thank you!

I assume it will be on the Enterprise SDK page soon. Some things I figured out using the Koop documentation and samples that would be nice to include in the Esri help are:

Use the metadata property to:

1) assign field aliases 

2) make feature service time-enabled

Also the caching is very important for our provider which doesn't update frequently but can take several minutes to return its results. Once it is cached, it is super fast returning to the client even on my dev setup.

NurFarahHannanAhmad
New Contributor II

Hi Simon,

I've tried to access the link of the sample provider you provided, however the site cannot be reached. Do you have any other sample provider that is accessible at the moment? Appreciate if you can share it. Thanks

0 Kudos
MarcBateEA
New Contributor III

I've been able to get my provider working with the app built using the cdf command line tool. I'm hoping that when deployed to an actual ArcGIS Server 11.1 it will have the same capabilities as any other feature service since this NodeJS app obviously isn't doing all of that. I have run into some issues when adding to a web map or ArcGIS Pro, e.g. exporting to file gdb.

EliasRex
New Contributor III

Were you able to register the custom data provider with the 11.1 ArcGIS Server? I keep receiving an error when trying to register the cdpk: "Node server failed to start"

0 Kudos
MarcBateEA
New Contributor III

Will be upgrading to 11.1 in the next month and I'll have my provider ready to go, and hopefully you can figure out a solutin and share.

0 Kudos