Map Viewer Beta available in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 and 10.9

07-28-2020 11:26 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
4 16 14.6K

With ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 and 10.9 comes the option to install Map Viewer Beta.

More details can be found in the Map Viewer Beta in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 blog post and the Map Viewer Beta in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9 blog post. These articles include:

• Key features of Map Viewer Beta
  • How to install and use Map Viewer Beta in ArcGIS Enterprise (including how to upgrade Map Viewer Beta to 10.9 if you were using it in 10.8.1)
  • Where to provide feedback 
  • Where to learn more

Attached to this post is complete documentation on Map Viewer Beta.

We look forward to your feedback on using Map Viewer Beta in ArcGIS Enterprise!

16 Comments
StefanUseldinger
Occasional Contributor II

Is it possible to use published 2D symbols, as described here?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @StefanUseldinger it is not available in 10.8.1 but will be in an upcoming release!

bsanders69
Occasional Contributor

Would it be possible to get a patch or installer to make the Map Viewer Beta available in one of the most recent Enterprise versions, such as 10.7.1?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello @bsanders69, no, Map Viewer Beta is only compatible with 10.8.1 and up.

bsanders69
Occasional Contributor

Thank you.  We are just stuck at 10.7.1 until a City-wide permitting software gets an upgrade to remove their remainder of Silverlight maps and the company certifies the use of Enterprise 10.8.1 feature services, which may occur in July.

ZdeněkJankovský
Esri Contributor

Hello,

is there an installation package for Map Viewer 4.x final for 10.8.1 Enterprise as well?

Thank you,

Zdenek J.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Zdeněk, the new Map Viewer will be in beta for 10.8.1 and 10.9 and we are anticipating it out of beta (installed with Enterprise) in a release later this year. 

John_Spence
Occasional Contributor III

@Anonymous User any word on being out of out of Beta yet?  Still on track for 4rth quarter?

andrewdc_tt
Occasional Contributor

@Anonymous User I'm also interested to know when the new Map Viewer for Enterprise will also exit Beta - any updates on this?

Aurelija_RutaViluckyte
New Contributor III

When will it be possible to use Analysis tools in the new Map Viewer Beta? It's a big disappointment. 

JTessier
Occasional Contributor II

Is it planned that Map Viewer Beta will support Map Image Layers?  That is the primary service type our client uses.  

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Will we ever get related table support.  It is the first letter in RDBMS so without we are dead in the water.  Not sure how this slipped though.  Thanks!

BrunoGomesdeSouza
New Contributor III

Hey @Anonymous User , everything ok?

Do you have the last version of Map Viewer beta for ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1?

Is the same of We have in the blog post?

Thanks

John_Spence
Occasional Contributor III

@BrunoGomesdeSouza I currently have everything on 10.8.1 for the major part of production, but will be upgrading to 10.9.1 this weekend. It's hard to tell users to user the beta when not all the features are there.

SundayOmole
New Contributor

I just installed the beta on our 10.9 Enterprise portal but I couldn't find it anywhere in the Map section of Organisation -> Settings ->Map . The map view is still showing the classic one.

Update:

It is now showing. i guessed I needed to give the Portal more time to fully restarted.

VirginieLe_Gal
New Contributor III

Hey @HilaryCurtis ,

The compatibility guide is also available for ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 ? or does the new map viewer offer more capabilities in version .1 ?

Thank you for your answer,

Virginie