Where is ArcGIS Earth Help?

Jump to solution
01-16-2016 01:55 PM
JosephSimon
New Contributor III

Where is ArcGIS Earth Help? Tutorials? I don't see a link in the app nor am I able to find anything in resources.

Thanks,

Joseph

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Help was the first thing I went looking for! In true Windows 8/10 style it's been minimised to the point of being almost impossible to find!

Turns out you need to click on the tiny "i" icon in top right THEN go to the about box and only then do you find a link to the official help, which appears to be the on-line variety.

Capture.PNG

If any of the developers behind this application are reading this it would be good if the help was more prominent and accessible as a local install?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JosephSimon
New Contributor III

Maybe I asked to soon. Found this Get started—ArcGIS Earth | ArcGIS, but is that the most thorough out there?

Thanks,
Joseph

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Pretty well it for now.  I suspect it will be added to but it is the standard help format.  And if you go to the forum link, you end up back in GeoNet ... ArcGIS Earth  but on it's own landing page.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi folks,

The ArcGIS Earth help is here:

ArcGIS Earth | ArcGIS

We'll be posting some more blogs and video tutorials on the Earth 1.0 release soon.

Chris

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Could someone put the links on the main landing page for the help and the blog... the blog is buried and the help should be under the links section

ie  ArcGIS Earth | ArcGIS  missing on page, should be renamed to HELP so it is obvious etc

0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Help was the first thing I went looking for! In true Windows 8/10 style it's been minimised to the point of being almost impossible to find!

Turns out you need to click on the tiny "i" icon in top right THEN go to the about box and only then do you find a link to the official help, which appears to be the on-line variety.

Capture.PNG

If any of the developers behind this application are reading this it would be good if the help was more prominent and accessible as a local install?