Terrain unavailable in Arcgis Earth

05-05-2021 07:28 PM
MichaelRigney
New Contributor II

I am unable to load the Terrain 3D from https://elevation3d.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/WorldElevation3D/Terrain3D/ImageServer

There is a yellow triangle with an "!" in the middle. 

I'm using ArcGIS Earth ver. 1.12

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is it supported?

Add data—ArcGIS Earth | Documentation

There are related links to the right of your post.

Terrain Basemap in ArcGIS Earth - Esri Community this also contains links about terrains support

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MichaelRigney
New Contributor II

Oddly, the terrain files will load on some machines and not others with virtually the same systems. I've given up on ArcGIS Earth.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Michael,

Thank you for reporting this to us!

We value your experience with ArcGIS Earth and would be more than pleased to help you improve it. This issue is currently under investigation here by the ArcGIS Earth team, we have tried to reproduce this issue but haven't managed to succeed. If possible, could you please share this information with us to help us locate the problem: Do you run into the same issue when adding other terrain data into ArcGIS Earth?

It would be much appreciated if you could share more info with us, and we will keep you updated soon as we have a solution.

ArcGIS Earth is still under rapid iteration and we are making every effort to improve it, you can always come back and have a try.

Best regards,

Haorui

0 Kudos
OnurOzkol
New Contributor

I am having the same problem - unsupported elevation source when trying to use or add 3D terrain. 

any solutions please ? 

0 Kudos
Bing_AnChen
Esri Contributor

Hello @OnurOzkol ,

Could you provide the data URL you mentioned above to us? Or is that the default terrain service 'WorldElevation3D/Terrain3D' Earth is currently using? Having the data will help us to locate the problem faster.

Thank you!

0 Kudos