Security Alert for ArcGIS service in ArcGIS Earth

12-01-2022 10:43 AM
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello All,

This may be a simple fix for some, but I am having trouble getting our ArcGIS Server security certificate to authenticate inside ArcGIS Earth.  I have added a couple of feature services which I published from ArcGIS Pro (3.0.2) to our ArcGIS Server (10.8) and each time I open ArcGIS Earth, I get this error:

ABishop_0-1669920170541.png

I have tried clicking on "View Certificate" then installing it for the user and the local machine, and it does not work.  Any ideas?

Much Thanks,

Amanda

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Bing_AnChen
Esri Contributor

Hello @ABishop ,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. The reason why you received the warning is that the certificate is unknown or untrusted. Please check if the certificate is added to Trusted Root Certification Authorities Store for your ArcGIS server or not. Once the certificate is installed and added to the list of CAs,  you will be able to access the data.  Please refer to Windows' document: TLS - SSL (Schannel SSP) Overview | Microsoft Learn

Bing_AnChen_0-1669954210002.png

Bing'An

ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Thank you again @Bing_AnChen 

I will try this and get back with you.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

I had to get my IT Director involved in this.  I am not sure if this will fix our problem.  Once I find out, I will respond.  Thank you.

Amanda Bishop, GISP