Load WGS1984 tpk

Jump to solution
07-02-2018 09:39 PM
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi all

I tried to load TPK in geo wgs1984 projection (after I change the spatial reference in setting) and fail.

I opened a call nad got bug BUG-000115105.

It looks like very basic functionality.

Anybody out there is doing this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XuewenZhang
Esri Contributor

Hi Mody,

The LOD of TPK with WGS84 GCS coordinates you provided is different with Earth requirement. Since Earth is a globe we require the first LOD is half of globe. So the first LOD resolution should be  180 / TileCols = 0.703125.

I have uploaded an XML file with WGS84 GCS coordinates in conf_WGS84_512.xml and the shared TPK with this XML works well in my side.

Hope it's helpful.

Thanks,

Xuewen

View solution in original post

6 Replies
YongweiKang
Esri Contributor

It should work for WGS84. I'll check your issue BUG-000115105.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Yongwei

I got some response that the tpk should be build until scale of 300M or so.

I tried this but still gets an error that the schema does not match.

If you can find a schema (XML file for the GP that create the cache) that will make it work it will be great.

Thanks

0 Kudos
XuewenZhang
Esri Contributor

Hi Mody,

The LOD of TPK with WGS84 GCS coordinates you provided is different with Earth requirement. Since Earth is a globe we require the first LOD is half of globe. So the first LOD resolution should be  180 / TileCols = 0.703125.

I have uploaded an XML file with WGS84 GCS coordinates in conf_WGS84_512.xml and the shared TPK with this XML works well in my side.

Hope it's helpful.

Thanks,

Xuewen

ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Xuewen

It is working, many thanks.

Is this documents any where or is there a way to find out about this?

I still have a few questions:

1) Do you have to go to level 147M even if your tpk is 10X10 kilometer?

2) Can I create levels below 4500 (2250, 1124, etc) - do I just divide by 2

3) Is there any limitations about the format (JPEG) and the quality (65)

Thanks again

Mody

0 Kudos
XuewenZhang
Esri Contributor

Hi Mody,

I'm glad the tilling scheme file works for you.

The tilling scheme file is from another tile package. You can find it in the package directory (example: C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\ArcGIS\packages\MyDataFrame\Layers\conf.xml).

You can refer to About tile packages—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop about the tile format and their appropriate uses.

For the question about LOD, Yongwei Kang Could you help to give more information? Thanks.

Thanks,

Xuewen

0 Kudos
YongweiKang
Esri Contributor

Hi Mody,

Sorry for the late reply, I just came back from ESRI UC. See my answers below:

1) Good question. For Earth 1.7 you have to. I will check with our 3D Core team to lower this requirement.

2) Yes, you can.

3) No limitations about the format (JPEG, PNG or Mixed) and the quality, but if it is 75% JPEG quality and lower will reduce your user experience.

Best,

Yongwei

0 Kudos