Can I configure a custom search service?

03-14-2020 04:14 PM
LeePhillippi
New Contributor

I have my own data that I'd like to return in search results. Is there a way to configure the search feature to use a custom search service?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShaneMiles
Esri Contributor

Hi Lee Phillippi‌, 

You definitely can. There are a few ways you can achieve this. I will try cover two:

1. In Web App builder you can configure the search widget to look through a data source you have in the map you are utilising for the application, see Search widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | Documentation.
  2. You can create a locator in ArcGIS Pro, see  Create a locator—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation  for creating the locator and share this to your organisations enterprise environment, see Share a locator—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation for how to share this service. You can then configure this locator within the utility service area of your Portal to be searchable.   

I hope this answers your question. 

Shane

XuewenZhang
Esri Contributor

Hi Lee,

Yes, you can use a custom service/locator in ArcGIS Earth. There are two ways:

1. Configure a custom geocoding service in your portal organization, then connect to your Portal
  2. Create a locator in your Mobile Scene Package with ArcGIS Pro, then add the MSPK to Earth

Here is the online help about search places of ArcGIS Earth Guided tour—ArcGIS Earth | Documentation 

Thanks,

Xuewen

0 Kudos