ArcGIS Earth _ replicating workspace question

06-08-2023 12:59 PM
BrianWamsley
New Contributor

New to ArcGIS Earth and have a question.  I want to create an ArcGIS Earth offline tour using some iPad devices.  I want to export my workspace from my laptop and import that workspace onto my mobile devices.   But I am having problems with linking the data.  I saved my data to mobile scene packages and scene layer packages.   But I don't know how to store the data with relative file paths to the workspace, if that's possible.  And when I try to fix the broken links the program seems to be unresponsive and the window to fix the link won't open. 

Ideally I would like to set the data to relative file paths somehow. 

Thanks in advance!  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
YujingChang
Esri Contributor

Hi @BrianWamsley 

I would like to reply that while the current version of ArcGIS Earth Mobile does not support the direct export/import of workspaces, workspace sharing is planned to be supported in a future release.
Besides, there are alternative approaches you can consider to achieve your desired outcome. ArcGIS Earth Mobile does allow users to load mobile scene packages (MSPKs) and scene layer packages (SLPKs) on mobile devices.

To begin, you can save your data as MSPKs and SLPKs on your laptop. Then, transfer these packages to your mobile device's storage. Once you have the MSPK or SLPK files on your mobile devices, you can choose to open them with ArcGIS Earth Mobile. This will enable you to access and view the data within the packages directly on your mobile devices.

Refer to ArcGIS Earth Documentation:

Add data to Earth - https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-earth/mobile/browse-2d-and-3d-contents.htm

If you have any further questions or if there's anything else I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to let me know. 

0 Kudos