ArcGIS Earth "Add Data" gets ".../FeatureServer/0" instead of ".../FeatureServer"

Jump to solution
09-30-2019 04:36 PM
ScottMcGee4
New Contributor III

I'm trying to add a feature service that has a couple of feature layers to ArcGIS Earth (version 1.9). Unfortunately, it is adding only the first feature layer in the feature service, instead of all the layers in the service. Here's what I'm doing:

1) Click the Add Data icon.

2) Click ArcGIS Online for the location to search.

3) Specify All in the drop-down box.

4) For the search term, I enter FWS R7 to see our published services.

5) Select the FWS_R7_Realty_USGS_Topo_Maps_feature_layer feature service (see screenshot below)

This feature service includes two feature layers:

1) 1:250,000 scale USGS Topo map boundaries (feature layer ID = 0)

2) 1:63,360 scale USGS topo map boundaries (feature layer ID = 1)

For some reason, the Add Data tool is adding only the first feature layer (ID = 0), and not both of them. When I look at the properties of the added layer, it has this URL:

https://services.arcgis.com/QVENGdaPbd4LUkLV/arcgis/rest/services/FWS_R7_Realty_USGS_Topo_Maps_feature_layer/FeatureServer/0

Notice that it is specifying /0 at the end. This is getting only the first feature layer in the feature service. I don't want this. I want it to get all feature layers in the service. Thus, the URL should be the above, but without the /0 at the end, as shown below:

https://services.arcgis.com/QVENGdaPbd4LUkLV/arcgis/rest/services/FWS_R7_Realty_USGS_Topo_Maps_feature_layer/FeatureServer

I can get the results I want by entering the exact URL (without the /0) in the Enter a URL section of the Add Data tool, but I can't expect our users to do that. When specifying the ArcGIS Online option of the Add Data tool, it should add all feature layers of a service, instead of only the feature layer with an ID = 0.

Is this a bug in ArcGIS Earth? Or does anyone know how I can get it to add all feature layers of a service, and not just the one with an ID = 0 (without having to specify the exact URL)?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottMcGee4
New Contributor III

This issue has been fixed in ArcGIS Earth 1.10. It now correctly gets all layers in a feature service.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your feedback. What you described is a bug in 1.9, unfortunately. A workaround to this issue is to add the service with the correct exact URL as you mentioned. For example, copy the URL from the AGOL portal item.

Good news is that this issue is already resolved by our dev team and will be addressed in the upcoming 1.10 release later this year.

Let me know if I can help further.

Thanks,

Mandy

0 Kudos
ScottMcGee4
New Contributor III

This issue has been fixed in ArcGIS Earth 1.10. It now correctly gets all layers in a feature service.