Arcgis Earth is half displaying layers in external WMS service.

10-23-2022 11:56 AM
EmrahAydemir
New Contributor III

Hello, I created a WMS service on my GeoServer server. I added the layer in this service as a content to my Arcgis Online account. I can view the layer through Arcgis Online Map Viewer without any problems. However, when I log into Arcgis Earth App and add the WMS layer from my content, the images appear incomplete and incorrect. When I completely remove the layer from my Arcgis Online account and add it again, the missing parts are fixed. But layers are added regularly from an external application. When a new layer is added, the new layer appears missing or not visible at all. But since I know the location of the layer, when I click on that point, I can get information about the layer.

EmrahAydemir_0-1666551330080.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
EmrahAydemir
New Contributor III

yes i made some changes yesterday. but problem is still persists. when you add layer you will not encounter a problem. new layers are added dynamically to the server. the newly added layers can be displayed without any problem in all other providers except arcgis earth. i tried these and working normally; google earth, arcgis online viewer, open layers etc.

0 Kudos
EmrahAydemir
New Contributor III

hello, thank you very much for your interest. I solved the problem. The problem was due to incorrect configuration of the srid of the postgresql geometry column. I forced all layers to be uniform srid (4326). now my layers are displayed without any problem. but still geoserver wms service doesn't adjust layer based on zoom level in Arcgis Earth. but in google earth its working normally

0 Kudos
YongweiKang
Esri Contributor

That's great! The zoom level depends on the size of the viewport and the geographic extent. You can see that the bbox parameter in the getting map request is changing with the zooming, the server side will return a suitable zoom level image according to the request parameters, bbox, width, and height.

0 Kudos