ArcGIS Earth 1.13 - Blank screen when logging in using enterprise signin (SAML)

08-05-2021 12:44 AM
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Hi there,

Is anybody experiencing the blank screen when trying to log into portal via enterprise login?

This experience is very very similar to the known issue seen in ArcGIS Pro 2.7 when not using the browser to sigin.

AnthonyRyanEQL_0-1628149153881.png

I'm hoping there is registry setting & portal redirect that can be applied similar to the fix in ArcGIS Pro.

AnthonyRyanEQL_1-1628149418492.png

Thanks

Tags (3)
16 Replies
Willy
by
New Contributor II

Hello @AnthonyRyanEQL 

Thanks for your feedback. ArcGIS Earth team will investigate this blank screen issue with enterprise login. And thanks very much for the information about the ArcGIS Pro solution, it is very helpful to us. Does the blank screen have largely been blocking your work?  we are planning to address the fix and its release as soon as possible.

Thank you 

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL

Willy,

Thanks for looking into this. This issue does impact my work on assessing the application as our authentication to Portal is via SAML only. We do have inbuilt accounts for admin work only.

Regards

0 Kudos
WillyLi
Esri Contributor

@AnthonyRyanEQL  Please confirm if you are using  ArcGIS Earth of 1.13, we have improved a lot about the login-in ever since. If your issue is still existing in 1.13, could you please give us more details about your Portal and SAML?

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL

WillyLi,

This is the version I'm using. I downloaded it on Aug 5th 2021

AnthonyRyanEQL_0-1628478666619.png

Our Enterprise deployment is 10.7.1 hosted in AWS using Azure AD for SAML. Is there anything in particular you need me to find out?

0 Kudos
WillyLi
Esri Contributor

@AnthonyRyanEQL , Thanks a lot for your information, it is enough for us to start our investigation now, our developers will be working on it ASAP.

0 Kudos
WillyLi
Esri Contributor

Hi @AnthonyRyanEQL  We can't reproduce the blank screen in our testings, it might be related to the login-in control adapting to your network/portal environment issue. When the login window is open, you can press F12  to open the web browser control debugging window to try to find some clues, like below:

WillyLi_0-1628502015097.jpeg

We are also considering supporting login via an external web browser like ArcGIS Pro. 

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL

WillyLi,

I displayed the debugging screen and found a 401 error on the my company's url for ADFS. I went back to the configuration for ArcGIS Pro 2.7, removed the 'SignInFromBrowser' registry setting and monitored the http traffic. The same blank signin screen & same error in the url occurred in ArcGIS Pro signin as it did for ArcGIS Earth

0 Kudos
Willy
by
New Contributor II

@AnthonyRyanEQL Thanks again for your try and comments, it seems we should adopt the external web browser to get a thorough solution for the customer's complicated login-in environment. it has been added to our schedules. 

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL

Willy,

Any indication of timelines of when this might be completed? Only asking as we would like to evaluate this product from an end user perspective and at the moment it's dead to us.

Thanks

0 Kudos