Adding the parcel shape file to the Oahu basemap problems

03-06-2021 01:57 AM
LawrenceNitz
New Contributor

I just started using ArcGis Earth to plot a part of rural Oahu.  Everything works just fine with the earth photo overly..  Then, when I add the parcel map shapefile to the map, the parcels load very slowly, appear with exceptionally wide lines, and finally, when I move the mouse to change scale, everything goes  very slowly and then appears a s a screen-filling green blot.

I suspect the shapefile is too large--but neither processing power nor memory are a problem.  As it is, though, I cannot combine the parcel file with my earth basemap and do any work.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It would be helpful to know a bit more about the shapefile. How many records does it have, and what is its file size? Does it cover your subject area, or is it larger than that?

Also, what work are you trying to accomplish? Do you need the full resolution and data of the shapefile, or would it be possible to create a cartographically simplified version of the parcels first?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
ChaoWang
Esri Contributor

Hi LawrenceNitz,

Could you send the test data to this email address ArcGISEarth_Feedback@esri.com?  so we can use it to debug to find out the problem. 

Thanks,

Chao

0 Kudos