Add imagery for offline use

Jump to solution
11-23-2020 01:34 PM
AsafEvenPaz
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I wanted to know if it is possible to add the imagery basemap (as a mobile scene package or something else) and then take it offline in ArcGIS Earth. 

0 Kudos
14 Replies
AsafEvenPaz
Occasional Contributor

I opened this up on ArcGIS Pro and I am still not seeing beyond 1:5000.

Am I missing something here?

0 Kudos
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Nope there's nothing you're missing the max scale for this area is <LevelID>17</LevelID><Scale>4513.9887049999998</Scale> so you won't be able to view past this LOD. If you add this into ArcGIS Earth you will be able to continue to zoom in but the resolution will stay the same.

0 Kudos
AsafEvenPaz
Occasional Contributor

Thanks 🙂 

BTW - how did you find out the maximum scale value?

0 Kudos
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

I opened the tpk with 7zip and if you go into the v101/Layers folders you'll see the conf.xml. There you will find the scale for LevelID 17. I confirmed the levels by going into the _alllayers folder to see that the highest LOD was L17. If you were in another region with more LODs you would see more levels but in this region the highest is 17 which I also confirmed by comparing the TPK to the basemap.

Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

A colleague pointed an alternative that may work for you. In the case of utilizing a larger extent with a lower resolution you can edit the conf.xml to ensure the imagery displays at all zoom levels. This is explained in the post below

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-explorer-questions/make-tile-package-tpk-visible-at-all-scales/...

0 Kudos