3D Style files

Jump to solution
03-28-2023 12:49 PM
JimWooten
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I'm new to ArcGIS Earth.  I want to visualize a quantity attribute in 3D but the only style in the settings popup is 2D.  Where can I find a 3D style file (.stylx) and how do I add it to the style choices?  Thanks.

Jim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeZhengLi
Esri Contributor

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your question about using 3D style in ArcGIS Earth. While it is possible that such a file generated from another application across the ArcGIS platform (for example from ArcGIS Pro ) can be dragged and added into ArcGIS Earth, you may be running into some rendering issues due to a known limitation. We have received similar feedback from other users regarding the problem of rendering 3D objects and our teams are working actively on resolving it and adding support for a better experience. The 2D style is for now the well-supported option on the 3D scene as you are seeing in ArcGIS Earth. We hope you keep exploring ArcGIS Earth and if you have any further feedback and question please feel free to share it here or send them to arcgis-earth@esri.com

Regards,

Joe

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JoeZhengLi
Esri Contributor

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your question about using 3D style in ArcGIS Earth. While it is possible that such a file generated from another application across the ArcGIS platform (for example from ArcGIS Pro ) can be dragged and added into ArcGIS Earth, you may be running into some rendering issues due to a known limitation. We have received similar feedback from other users regarding the problem of rendering 3D objects and our teams are working actively on resolving it and adding support for a better experience. The 2D style is for now the well-supported option on the 3D scene as you are seeing in ArcGIS Earth. We hope you keep exploring ArcGIS Earth and if you have any further feedback and question please feel free to share it here or send them to arcgis-earth@esri.com

Regards,

Joe