ArcGIS Earth for mobile version 1.3 is now available in Google Play and App Store. In this update, we brought in several exciting new features and made multiple enhancements including:
ArcGIS Earth for mobile now provides you with a simple and accurate way to record real-time position and save the route as you move. You can share the tracks as kmz files or upload them to your organization’s portal. In recording the tracks, you get information about total distance, the time elapsed and speed and review the summary in a finished track. Basemap can be turned on and off for visual reference.
Provide navigation options for routing to a place
ArcGIS Earth mobile now supports getting directions using navigation apps installed on your mobile device. With the reference of a wide collection of high-resolution basemaps, you can easily pinpoint the location of your destination or a geosearched result into a placemark. By tapping the "Navigation" icon on an identified placemark card, you are given options to launch a navigation app for routing. In this release we support the following apps: ArcGIS Navigator, Apple Map, AutoNavi AMap, Baidu Maps and Google Maps.
Connect to portal by scanning QR code
You now have the option to scan a QR code of the portal URL to make a quick connection.
Turn on & off terrain
A terrain switch is added to the Basemap Gallery. When loading data from a Web Scene or a Mobile Scene Package, you can manually toggle off the terrain, which facilitates targeted data processing as needed.
Using the native scene capture tool, you are now able to take snapshots in full screen for presenting and sharing of the data.
Known issues of ArcGIS Earth mobile v1.3
1. App Crashes when loading some SLPK files.
2. Sliding left and right in iOS devices doesn't change the group in Add data from the portal window.
3. App crashes when user adds a particular Image service data.
4. PKI portal can not create successfully.
5. Geo Search page buttons are not responding in bad network conditions.
6. Uninterpretable error messages when opening specific MMPKs.
7. No thousand separators on iOS for added data.
1. Adding local files from Download or Documents folder may fail on some devices running Android 10 or 11.
|2. App crashes when user adds a particular Image service data.|
3. Data from downloading or transferring in some third-party apps may fail to load.
4. Users may see an Untrusted Host message multiple times when the app renders basemap and terrain in some specific situations.
5. The empty state UI has a display issue on some small-screen devices.
6. The heading of the current location may not be correctly represented in some regions.
7. My current location point is not always centered on the scene.
Issues fixed in ArcGIS Earth mobile v1.3
1. Fixed a bug that basemaps always fails to load to the default scene.
2. Provided default geocoding service when not available via portal connection or mspk.
3. Fixed a bug in displaying SLPK when it’s featureData is missing the required id property.
4. Fixed a bug in adding SLPK from the external crash.
5. Fixed a bug in adding Web Scene from URL.
6. Fixed a bug in loading a specific kmz file.
7. Fixed a bug in keyboard remaining open on the pane after switching from Search box to Download/Filter page.
8. Enhanced the layer management in the TOC.
9. Enhanced the layer name display in the TOC.
10. Enhanced the TOC UI that confirm button can't be displayed completely in iPad Pro.
11. Enhanced the UI that the height of the delete button is inconsistent with the item bar on the Downloaded/Downloading page.
12. Fixed a bug in displaying the different numbers in Viewshed.
13. Fixed a bug in canceling to remove in My Placemarks Page.
1. Fixed a bug in displaying SLPK when it’s featureData is missing the required id property.
2. Fixed a bug in adding local data in an opened Web Scene or MSPK.
3. Fixed a bug in downloading multiple MSPK.
4. Fixed a bug in loading contents in My Groups.
5. Enhanced connecting to Enterprise Portal using PKI authentication.
6. Fixed an issue in pausing and restarting downloading files.
7. Enhanced the TOC UI to better display on some specific devices.
8. Enhanced the layer name display and layer management in the TOC.
9. Fixed some UI issues in Geosearching an address or place.
10. Fixed a toolbox button display issue on some tablets.
11. Enhanced the UI for the Add data tool.
12. Fixed a bug in converting units.
13. Fixed an issue in editing the viewshed distance parameter.
14. Fixed a bug in editing pictures.
15. Fixed a picture display issue in playing tour.
16. Fixed a bug of missing existing tour.
17. Fixed an issue in selecting pictures from Album.
Android users can also download the app from our document resource page by following the instructions: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-earth/mobile/get-started.htm
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.