Has anyone done using old aerial photos using Drone2Map ?

05-17-2022 03:12 PM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Has anyone in here using done success using Drone2Map to co-register  old aerial photos that do not have known coordinates ?

Edit : May 23, 2022:

P.S. Since no one answered my question, I wanted to be sure to clear up to you is that I have used Agisoft Metashape and I process over 300 orthophotos from that software.  Since it is from Russia and my federal agency is review it and potential They may not renew it...

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you tried to georeference the images and then process to orthomosaic? That could be tedious but would add coordinate information.

Alternatively, you could take ground control at obvious points of strong geometry that still exist in the modern day (manhole cover, road intersections, etc). The images could still be combined using structure from motion, and referenced with the GCPs.

I am not a drone2map user - still using Metashape and OpenDroneMap. Curious if you are able to find a solution to this one.

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

No, Not yet. I don't have the Drone2map yet..I was curious about it . I still have that Metashape and still use it but do not know if it will be renew it.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's also worth noting that Metashape Pro licenses have free upgrades through version 1.9, and the license does not expire. If you're on a much older version you should be able to simply download and install to upgrade.

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Yes I know. My agency has finally decided not to renew it due to being it from Russia. They also cancal the X-Tools too.. They will be remove from my computer next week.... 

0 Kudos