Do we have a contact at Esri for the Drone2Map?

05-11-2016 12:54 AM
warrenroberts
Occasional Contributor II

Have some questions on the drone and the drone2map software.  I couldnt find a contact at Esri ?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
20 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I would also recommend checking out the beta community and posting questions there as well you might see some questions answered there under the posts or resources.

Drone2Map for ArcGIS Beta is Open | ArcGIS Blog

0 Kudos
RakeshModi
New Contributor

on logging organization account arcgisdrone2map  download page hide the "Free trial" button, there is only Buy Button.

how can i download. I emailed esri support team but no one reply.

0 Kudos
SUSANMYERS
New Contributor III

Sign in to your esri account, and then you can download from the link below.

doc.arcgis.com/en/drone2map/ is the link that provides you with an orange button to click on.

Here is that link:   Drone2Map | ArcGIS

This will download the drone2map executable to install the software.

Not sure why esri hasn't provided this from the drone2map page that comes up when you google the app.

0 Kudos
RakeshModi
New Contributor

While logging I can not see "Free Trial" Button, there is only "Buy" button.

I have an organization account with admin rights.

0 Kudos
MarkRomero
Esri Contributor

Feel free to reach out to me for Drone2Map questions. I'll do my best to answer them. However, for most technical issues, you can reach out to Technical Support. They now fully support Drone2Map questions.

0 Kudos
SUSANMYERS
New Contributor III

Hi Mark,

Do you have any suggestions as to why Drone2Map won't process even the tutorial data?  Does the project and its data have to reside on the local drive? I have been trying to get the tutorials to work and Drone2Map processes for 5 seconds, says it has completed, and produces empty flight line and image location FCs and nothing as far as 2D or 3D datasets as promised in the tutorials.  What am I missing?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
MarkRomero
Esri Contributor

Susan,

I see a few users are having similar issues. I can't reproduce on my end. Did you previously have the Beta version of Drone2Map installed? Also, what operating system are you using? I've seen similar issues with machines that had the beta version installed and running Windows 10. Any details you can provide would be help us troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
SUSANMYERS
New Contributor III

Hi Mark,

Yes, I did have the Beta version of Drone2Map installed.

I am using Windows 7 Professional SP1, 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7 CPU, 1.73 GHz, 16GB RAM

I have 15.5GB free space on hard drive, so the project data is stored on and accessed from a drive on our network server.

Thank you very much,

Susan

0 Kudos
SUSANMYERS
New Contributor III

Our IT folks determined where our company's network had settings that were preventing Drone2Map from processing properly. Kudos to Mark Romero @ Esri for helping us out with that!

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Can you share some of the network settings that needed to be changed in order for this to work?

Was anti-virus or anti-malware software an issue?

0 Kudos